Minneapolis club 42 director Steve Pellinen conducted the club’s annual awards presentation on Tuesday night, January 29. Highlights include:
- Club champion, Rob Rob Robinsky. This was Rob’s fifth-consecutive championship, a new club record.
- Dave Herfel one the “Most Improved” award. His club rating rose 63 points as compared to 2011.
- High play – Joe Gaspard FENCETOP* for 194.
- High Non-bingo – Carl Voss ZIGS for 102.
- High 3-game series – Greg Edwards 1697, all time club record (avg 566/gm).
- High 4-game series – Scott Jackson 2161, all time club record (avg 540/gm).
- High Loss – Greg Edwards & Vincent Van Dover 462.
- High Game – Joe Gaspard 760, all time club record (4 other players with at least one 600+ game).
- Longest Winning Streak – Rob Robinsky 17.
- Highest Scoring Average – Rob Robinsky 442.
- Largest Avg Margin – Rob Robinsky +76 (includes losses).
- Best Defense (kept opponents to lowest avg score) – Joe Gaspard 356.
- Played the toughest field -Vincent Van Dover 57.2%.
Jim Kramer presented his “Tournament Players of the Year” awards to Jack Overby (ratings gain) and Lisa Odom (winning percentage). Runners-up were Lisa Odom and Doobie Kurus (ratings), and Vincent Van Dover and Jack Overby (wpct). See also the complete list of Tournament Player of the Year (TPOY) award winners.
Complete awards documentation: